Friday, October 8, 2010

No more ORD

This week was my last week of travels for work (or any other reason). I won't be traveling until next year which is hard to imagine but I am quite happy. Of course, the day I had yesterday made it clear to me that I couldn't have been doing this any longer in my condition. My flight scheduled at 5:40pm from Virginia to ORD was canceled for mechanical reasons. They re-scheduled it again for 11:20pm, which ended up leaving at 12:30am since the plane needed fuel and the captain needed to check the right wing because something looked funky. I got home around 3am eastern time. So being hungry quite often, dragging a suitcase and a heavy backpack every time I needed to get up and go pee made it a lot more cumbersome. I hate going into the tiny bathroom stall trying to shut the door with the suitcase on the way and my back killing me because of the damn backpack. It is a workout in itself....

I was also having some unusual pressure in my belly. I had an ultrasound today and tech said it might have been because Baby A moved from a vertex position to a breech position. So now the babies are butting heads. Most likely the babies are getting bigger and putting more pressure on me. I did notice I have put on the pounds this trimester compared to the first one. However, for this week, it might have been all the cheese balls and snickers I ate. Who puts a large cheese balls container in the office next to a pregnant woman!??

As I stop traveling it was time to say goodbye to my client. They and my colleagues threw me my first ever baby shower, which I thought it was so sweet (see pics below). Loved all the cute baby stuff, but is it bad I was more excited about the pink Reebok gym bag?  The cake  was really good too and I managed to eat two pieces; one for each baby, although I should have had a third piece for myself :)

So now I am back home and it is time to get some serious baby shopping done. This weekend, we are looking at cribs. Hopefully we can make a decision quickly.





22 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment