I think you can tell your babies personalities even before they are born. I think my girls are a bit stubborn and I also think Baby A is more dominant than Baby B. For starters, Baby A moves way more than Baby B, and when we go in for an ultrasound Baby A is always doing something to Baby B. Today, Clark and I were looking forward to the 3D/4D ultrasound, mostly for entertainment purposes since no doctors do this. With this technology you can see your baby's features in color. Of course Baby A was giving us the butt like always, not showing her face and so we were hoping that Baby B would give us a better picture. Baby B has been breech from the beginning, but now she is vertex: good for our birthing plan but not so great for pictures. Her little face was a bit hidden behind Baby A's back. The technician poked my belly various times, I tried different positions and the babies still would not move to see the "camera"...stubborns! We get to go back and try gain so let's hope it works.
I can feel the babies move a lot, but I wonder why I can't tell when they move from breech to vertex. I think Baby B finally moved to vertex position once I started swimming. I read that in a magazine actually, if you want your babies to move to the right birthing position you should consider swimming. I guess the belly hangs lose and they have more room?
Speaking of optimal birthing position, with both babies in the vertex position, a vaginal delivery is possible. I do get the question a lot if I want a natural birth or c-section...I wonder why people ask this? it is too soon to tell, anything can happen from here to then. As long as Baby A is in vertex, a twin vaginal delivery can be done, if both even better. However, after Clark and myself went to a Baby Education class yesterday, the videos of natural delivery were pretty scary; a c-section is starting to look pretty good. Like I said, at this point it is too soon to know what we are doing, either way I am having an epidural, no need to be a hero.
I really liked the class from yesterday mostly because you are with other couples who asks questions that you might have not thought about. The class was also held at our hospital so we got a tour of the facilities. Unfortunatly, our hospital do not have a newborn nursery so you don't see a room full of babies through the window. They like to have the parents bond with the babies right away, so the baby or babies are in your room from the moment they come out (unless complications). It sounds great doesn't it? Maybe it is, I was just hoping to get some hours of rest after all the labor.
I will post picture of myself next week, it is overdue. I still don't see myself that big, in the baby class I had the smallest belly, which makes me self concious because it is twins and it is suposed to be bigger I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment