I have fallen behind on blogging but obviously I have had my hands full. By the end of week 38 I was getting very antsy and tired of being pregnant. That same week I went to the doctor in hopes that she would induce me that week but she said to wait until week 39. Clark's birthday was January 29th and the night before I didn't sleep very well thinking that I was having Braxton Hicks contractions. These contractions kept going the entire Saturday but I made it to Clark's Bday dinner. I did not think I was in real labor because the majority of people told me that real labor contractions feel like menstrual cramps. That Saturday night I went to bed around midnight and woke up to go to the bathroom at 2am. OMG, the pain I felt when I got up like something dropped really hard inside of me.....pain kept getting worse on the way to the hospital which is two blocks from here but the ride on the car seemed forever. My water broke just getting into the hospital bed, I was 4 cm dilated and I kept begging for an epidural which eventually I got when I was 7 cm dilated! really? why did I have to wait that long?!!!! After the epidural I felt such a relief, however, it did not take on my right side so I was still uncomfortable.....On my way to the OR I was feeling sooooo nervous (twins delivery are done in the OR even if vaginally just in case of emergency).
On Sunday January 30th, Baby A (Charlotte Makena) was born after 4 sets of pushes at 8:06am, really fast. She weighted 7 pounds and 0.3 oz. Baby B (Anais Patricia) did not turn so she was born breech at 8:29am weighting 7 pounds and 1 once.
At the hospital I got to be with my girls right away since there was not a nursery. We had to stay extra two nights at the hospital due to the Chicago snow storm. Staying in close quarters with two crying babies was not a piece of cake. Having twins is not double the work; they don't cry, poop, sleep and eat at the same time, they do everything on their own time so it is quadruple the work!. Nonetheless, we wouldn't have it any other way.
As of today, the girls are one week old and last night we felt in heaven, if we hadn't put an alarm for feedings, we would have slept the whole night! I am pretty sure this is a fluke and last night was a one time thing.
Attached are some pictures!
 |
| Anais Patricia |
 |
| Anais and Charlotte |
 |
| Charlotte |
 |
| Charlotte and Anais |
No comments:
Post a Comment